Name Of Organisation: The Friends Of Pillgwenlly.
Aims/Objectives Of Organisation
- To support the school in the delivery of the mission statement.
- To support the work, pupils and staff of Pillgwenlly Primary School.
- To develop a link between the community and the school.
- To develop a link between local industry and school.
- To support school events.
- To support fundraising events.
- To purchase resources for the pupils of Pillgwenlly Primary School.
- To raise funds for Pillgwenlly Primary School.
- To purchase resources / equipment.
- To receive contributions from grants.
- To work in partnership with schools.
- Any other actions necessary to reach the groups objectives.
Membership Of the Friends of Pillgwenlly may consist of :
- Membership is open to anyone who has an interest in assisting the group to achieve its aims and is willing to adhere to the rules of the group.
- Members of the community
- Representatives from local industry
- Any persons who wish to support The Friends Of Pillgwenlly
- Minimum membership for the Friends Of Pillgwenlly will be three members
- There will be no upper limit on the numbers of membership.
- Termination of membership may be necessary if an individual’s behaviour is detrimental to the aims of the group.
- Membership will last for one academic year
- Members may be appointed through invitation and by majority decision from the existing members.
- The group shall be administered by a management committee of no less than three people and no more than fifteen, who must be at least eighteen years of age.
- The management committee will manage the groups work, and make decisions and direct policy making.
- The management committee will be elected at the beginning at the beginning of each academic year.
- Re- election will take place at the beginning of each year.
- If a member leaves re-election will take place at the next meeting.
- Termination of committee membership may be needed if a n individual’s behaviour is detrimental to the aims of the group. A meeting will be called to resolve the matter.
- Individuals belonging to the group will carry out various tasks.
- Chairperson, Secretary and treasurer will be elected and remain in place for the academic year.
- The Friends Of Pillgwenlly will meet every half term in the school building. All members will attend the meeting.
- An AGM will take place once a year.
- All members will have voting rights and will vote using a show of hands.
- Members will be allowed to call a meeting through contact with the school.
- The groups money will be kept in the school safe and banked on a weekly basis.
- The organisation holds a bank account under the name of the Friends Of Pillgwenlly
- The school finance officer will manager the funds and the groups accounts will be subject to external financial audit.
- Three members will be authorised to sign cheques on behalf of the group
- Members will not be paid for their time or services.
Amendments to the Constitution
- The Friends Of Pillgwenlly may change as the group grows.
- Changes to the constitution must be raised at the AGM and a majority vote must be reached to implement any amendments.
- If the organisation is lacking in support it may be necessary to terminate the group.
- Members will be informed if a special meeting needs to be called.
- Members will be informed as to what will happen to remaining assets or money
- These will be distributed or donated to similar groups or bodies
This constitution was adopted at an AGM held at Pillgwenlly Primary School on the 21st October 2010.